We’d love to hear from you, whether you want to submit a field recording and/or reimagined sound, you’ve got an idea for a collaboration or a proposal, or would simply like to know more about the project.
Submit your sounds
We’d love to have your submissions to Cities & Memory, wherever you are in the world (and it doesn’t have to be a city!). You can submit sounds directly to our Dropbox account using this link.
If you are submitting both a field recording and a reimagined sound, please enter submissions using the following guidelines:
1) Submit two sounds from each location – one must be an untreated, unprocessed field recording of the location, and the other a reimagined version which is your interpretation or reworking of the original recording. You can do whatever you like to the second recording as long as it is based on/contains/reworks the original field recording.
2) If you don’t have a reimagined sound or don’t want to reimagine the sound you submit, you can send just one field recording and we’ll add it to the list for one of our many contributors to reimagine.
3) Either way, please supply a precise location (map or lat/long coordinates would be nice, but if not then a precise location description/postcode) and date for each recording.
4) A photo of the location would also be nice if possible (this is optional)!
Want to get in touch? Send a message using the contact form below:
Mailing list for projects, callouts and collaborations:
Join this mailing list if you’re an artist interested in taking part in our upcoming, regular sound projects.
Follow us on Twitter
Subscribe for the latest sounds
You can subscribe to our iTunes podcast to get the latest sounds:
- Subscribe to the latest Cities and Memory sounds via our iTunes podcast.