The top ten best sounds of March 2014
We’ve been all around the world this month with sounds sent in from field recordists & sound artists from Taiwan to the USA, so here’s a quick summary of the best sounds from March here on Cities & Memory.
New contributions from people around the world:
– Temple recordings from New Taipei City, Taiwan, submitted by Moumita Roy
– A pounding rainstorm, the kind they only get down in Sicily, submitted by Fabio R. Lattuca
– A busker in San Francisco making the unusual choice of a hammered dulcimer – submitted by Rand Lo
– Lunchtime on the streets of Brussels, submitted by Flavien Gillie
– Scary sounds from Brighton Pavilion, by David K. Frampton
– New snow in a park in Norway, by Leon Muraglia
Our own home-grown sounds:
– Water and metal in the lagoon from Venice in Italy
– Ping pong in Spitalfields Market
– An RNLI lifeboat station in action
– And this month’s attempt to recreate Hitchcock’s The Birds
Quite a month of sounds and some great contributors – you can hear all the highlights below!