Cities and Memory and Radiophrenia
We’re very pleased to be part of Radiophrenia, a temporary art radio station running from 13-19 April 2015, exploring current trends in sound and transmission arts.
Cities and Memory have contributed two pieces to Radiophrenia. The first is a three-hour mix of field recordings and their reimagined counterparts, which tours the world from San Francisco travelling east to South Korea.
The second is a bespoke, hour-long piece produced especially for Radiophrenia, which is a highlights package of our sounds from Italy. The piece takes in field recordings and reimagined pieces from Milan, Turin, Venice and many other places, mostly in northern Italy.
You can listen in live at this link, or on 87.9FM if you’re in the Glasgow area. The full schedule of fascinating Radiophrenia sounds can be found here.
- Saturday 18 April, 0630-0730 UK time (Italy piece broadcast)
- Sunday 19 April 0030-0400 UK time, i.e. after midnight on Saturday (three-hour ‘world tour’ broadcast)
Italy piece timecode:
- 00.00 – Florence, Giotto’s campanile
- 00.58 – Turin, Caffe San Carlo
- 06.05 – Venice, Acqua Alta bookshop
- 13.22 – Trento, air raid siren
- 15.58 – Bassano del Grappa, Ponte degli Alpini
- 22.37 – Venice, Palazzo Grassi exhibition
- 28.48 – Valdobbiadene, Riva Granda prosecco wine tanks
- 32.43 – Venice, Biennale song at the Arsenale
- 40.28 – Milan, Ripa di Porta Ticinese cafes and bars
- 44.42 – Venice, the bells of St. Mark’s Square
- 53.13 – Turin, New Year’s Eve fireworks