We’re very pleased to be part of Radiophrenia, a temporary art radio station running from 13-19 April 2015, exploring current trends in sound and transmission arts.
Cities and Memory have contributed two pieces to Radiophrenia. The first is a three-hour mix of field recordings and their reimagined counterparts, which tours the world from San Francisco travelling east to South Korea.
The second is a bespoke, hour-long piece produced especially for Radiophrenia, which is a highlights package of our sounds from Italy. The piece takes in field recordings and reimagined pieces from Milan, Turin, Venice and many other places, mostly in northern Italy.
- Saturday 18 April, 0630-0730 UK time (Italy piece broadcast)
- Sunday 19 April 0030-0400 UK time, i.e. after midnight on Saturday (three-hour ‘world tour’ broadcast)
Italy piece timecode:
- 00.00 – Florence, Giotto’s campanile
- 00.58 – Turin, Caffe San Carlo
- 06.05 – Venice, Acqua Alta bookshop
- 13.22 – Trento, air raid siren
- 15.58 – Bassano del Grappa, Ponte degli Alpini
- 22.37 – Venice, Palazzo Grassi exhibition
- 28.48 – Valdobbiadene, Riva Granda prosecco wine tanks
- 32.43 – Venice, Biennale song at the Arsenale
- 40.28 – Milan, Ripa di Porta Ticinese cafes and bars
- 44.42 – Venice, the bells of St. Mark’s Square
- 53.13 – Turin, New Year’s Eve fireworks