After more than a month of collecting sounds from 45 countries around the world, we’re really happy to launch the open call for our latest project, Future Cities.
The project will be the largest ever survey of the sounds of our cities – and we need your help to recompose, remix and reimagine these fascinating urban sounds!
There’s an amazing range of urban sounds for you to reimagine – just a few of the highlights include:
- Sacred prayer sounds from the beautiful temples of Kyoto, Japan
- Performing traditional street drummers in the centre of Santiago, Chile
- In amongst the ultra football fans at a football match in Venice, Italy
- Experiencing the Broadway stars of tomorrow in New York, USA
- High-performance racing cars and fireworks on the streets of Singapore
- Ritual dances taking place at the heart of Bangkok, Thailand
- Anti-corruption protests from Bogota, Colombia
- The sounds from the world’s busiest train station
- Hydrophone and electromagnetic recordings capturing a different side of urban sounds
What do we need from you?
We’ll provide the field recordings – you reimagine them into a brand new composition to help us build an alternative sound world that examines the sounds of our cities, and how our urban sounds are changing.
All you need to do is choose one of the recordings and use it to produce a reimagined version – as long as you use the original recording or some elements of it (whether “clean” or processed), it’s a free composition. What’s important is YOUR response to the sounds of our cities.
The final deadline for submitting sound pieces is Friday 28 February 2020.
If you’d like to take part, just drop us a quick email – hit the button below: