It’s summertime, so we’re taking the opportunity to open up the Cities and Memory sound database to you all and to ask – “will you help us remix the world?”
We’re looking for artists to reimagine a sound from around the world throughout June and July, and we’ve had some very special, fascinating submissions for you to choose from.
Sound good? Just email us for more details and we’ll send out a link to the database of field recordings.
Just a few of the sounds we have available to work with include:
– An elephant drama recorded in Uganda
– Ritual dances at a shrine in Bangkok
– Night markets in Fengyuan City, Taiwan
– Antifascist protest in Porto
– Remote villages in Laos
– In amongst the Italian football ultras in Venice
– Ski lifts, mountain passes and nesting birds in the Alps
– Black Lives Matter protests in Orlando
– On the casino floor in New Orleans
– Calls to prayer in Tirana, Albania
– Military marching bands in Santiago, Chile
– Fireworks in a remote Chinese village
– Murmurating starlings in a nature reserve in England
All you’d need to do is create a composition based on the recording that inspires you the most, and submit it before the end of July.