Hope you’ve been having a great summer!
We’ve been travelling through Italy recording a brand new collection of sounds for you to remix and reimagine, and it’s now ready to go.
If you’d be interested in reimagining a field recording from Italy, just send us an email to let us know, and we’ll send you the database of sounds to choose from.
The collection includes sounds from across Veneto and Tuscany, as well as a selection from Rome, Milan and Sicily – highlights include:
- A crossbow competition in a medieval town
- Sounds from iconic Italian piazzas in Venice and Siena
- The hustle and bustle of big cities waking up and going back to “normal” life
- Water canyons, mountains and beaches
- The classic sounds of distinctive Italian church bells
- Musical recordings from religious and street life
The database of sounds is limited to 40 in total, so there are a limited number of spaces available in the project, and sounds will be allocated on a first come, first served basis so do get in touch if you’re interested!
Pieces can be submitted at any time over the next six weeks.
All of the pieces will feature on our global sound map and as podcast episodes, and highlights will be included on a new volume of our “Sounds from Italy” album series.