If you’d be interested in reimagining or recomposing a recording from South America over the next month or so, then please get in touch today!
The recordings cover Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Panama, Peru, Ecuador and Uruguay, and the highlights include:
- The crunch of walking across Bolivia’s salt flats
- Freight ships in the Panama canal
- A ferry passing through the Patagonian fjords
- Glaciers disintegrating into lake water in Chile
- Street drumming, song, dance and processions
- The hollering of bus touts in Bolivia
- A trip through the Ecuadorian jungle.
We’d welcome artists, sound designers and musicians, whether you’ve contributed to Cities and Memory before or this is your first time, to help us add some amazing reimagined sounds to our global map together.
There will be around four weeks to complete a piece before we present them on the global sound map. Just drop us an email and we will send over the selection of available sounds to you.
A special thanks to Mark Wilden, who has provided this special set of recordings.